Thursday, May 1, 2014

Prom

Hey! 

Sorry I haven't been around much but to be fair, I've been busy with school, a new job, and the gym. But here I  am now! Anyways...I have some friends that have younger siblings so my Instagram and newsfeed has been filled with pics of potential prom dresses. I saw a lot of gowns and traditional dresses but not once did I see a short dress. I know, the tradition says you should wear a long dress to prom and shorter ones are reserved for other formals such as homecoming or winter formal. But there are some fashion rules that have been almost erased from the books (wearing white after Labor Day, and wearing brown with black). So I have compiled 3 different versions of a short prom dress. If you follow my twitter, you may have seen these already...

The first I have is a very glamorous look that includes a one shoulder dress with gold glitter accents that I paired with some nude colored platform sandals. I included a shiny gold clutch and some gold and nude colored chandelier earrings. I wouldn't recommend a statement necklace with this because of the weird neckline but a small chain would be perfect. 



 The next ensemble is a black cap sleeve dress with a glitter body and black tulle skirt. I love the look of the glitter with a tulle skirt. It's very playful but also chic. I paired it with some nude sling back sandals with gold accents. I included a black and white striped with nude color block clutch to lower the glam and sparkle factor. To complete the look, I have some long gold earrings. With this dress if you want a necklace, I would choose a choker type, maybe a string of pearls if you want to go that route. 




The final getup I have is a tan and black glitter chevron strapless dress. I included a mint pump for a vintage feel. I also included a gold glitter clutch and a string of pearls. This dress is strapless so any kind of jewelry would work with this dress whether it was a necklace, bracelet or earrings. 


So there you have it! Who says you can't wear a short dress to prom....? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment