Thursday, June 26, 2014

When It Rains...It Pours

Hey

So I want to start off by saying my inspiration for this post came on Tuesday when I was trying to get to class. It was a beautiful day when I woke up. The skies were sunny and the air was warm. The weather forecast called for rain later on in the evening. I wasn't too worried and I put on my Polo dress with some Sperry's. When I look out of my window, I notice that the sky is dark and there are lots of clouds. I decide to swap my dress for some skinny jeans and a long sleeve t shirt. When I open the door, it is pouring outside! I didn't have my raincoat at my place and I left my umbrella at my parents house. I managed to find an umbrella in my crowded apartment and realized when I went to open it, that it was broken. I had to hold the umbrella to keep it open! During what seemed like the longest walk of my life, I had the inspiration to write a post about rainy day outfits. So if there is ever a day when you wake up and it is raining, I have some cute outfit ideas that are sure to inspire.










First, I have this cute outfit that I put together consisting of cuffed jeans, a long sleeved blouse (in a bright color of course!)and rubber rain flats. (These are Hunter so they are specifically made for rain.)  I tied it all together with a pretty printed scarf and an umbrella.







Next is this classic rain look that includes an long-sleeved oversized t shirt, comfy leggings and a rain jacket completed by some pretty colored rain boots. Make your outfit more personalized by adding a monogram to your rain jacket. 



Finally, I have this athletic rainy day look. I see a lot of people wearing athletic wear when it rains. Its easy, comfy and we really don't care if it gets a wet. Here I have a tank top paired with some compression shorts (they make your legs and butt look really nice) and a pair of sneakers (make sure the sneakers are not mesh, water will soak right through mesh and make your socks and feet wet all day). To complete the outfit, I added a pullover rain jacket and fun printed socks.




I hope you liked one of the outfits, our got some inspiration for your own outfits. I'd love to hear your thoughts, so comment or email me: Wellroundedcollegegirl@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment